0,00 € (0)
0,00 € (0)
  • Home
  • / Safety instructions

Safety instructions


  • When working with acid, always protect your eyes and exposed body parts (the use of safety glasses and rubber gloves is recommended).
  • Keep the acid out of the reach of children.
  • Take care of the ecological decomposition of the old battery and acid.

Safety instructions

Waste lead batteries contain sulfuric acid, which is dangerous for the environment and harmful to health. Sulfuric acid is a highly corrosive substance that corrodes the skin and causes severe burns and destroys fabric.

Symptoms in contact with sulfuric acid:

  • on contact with the skin, painful ulcers and burns occur
  • micro-droplets in the air irritate the mucous membrane and, upon prolonged exposure to the above-mentioned conditions, erode the mucous membrane of the respiratory tract
  • coughing, tearing, difficulty breathing
  • when ingested, it causes ulcers of the oral cavity, esophagus and digestive organs

First aid

In case of contact of sulfuric acid with the skin, wash the area with water, take off the clothes and wash them.
If you inhale acid fumes, breathe fresh air and consult a doctor.
In case of eye contact, rinse under running water for a long time and consult a doctor.
If ingested, immediately drink plenty of water, eat activated charcoal and consult a doctor.

Handling of waste batteries

Waste batteries must not be disposed of with mixed municipal waste. Waste batteries are collected separately at designated collection points (reception of waste batteries must be provided by sellers, but you can drop them off at the nearest BS, where they are equipped with appropriate containers).